Everyones entitled to a flop project right? We had an assignment in 2D that dealt with pattern and patterns of behavior and mine didn't quite hit the mark. My concept was anxiety in the form of lip biting, it was probably the most personal I've ever gotten in a project and I had a hard time with it. Although I put a lot of hard work into it and was really proud of my end result and felt great afterward... until the critique. My teacher wasn't satisfied, to put it lightly, and pretty much wanted me to change everything about it. I however disagreed because I felt like it was my own feelings and emotions on the page and how they were displayed was how I see them, And art is perceived differently by everyone. I agreed with what she had to say but I guess I was mostly just disappointed because of how much work had gone into it and because it was such a personal project I felt a little bit attacked. But thats just another burden that comes with being an artist.

No comments:
Post a Comment