Monday, January 24, 2011
My first blog.
I took the subway to center city to buy art supplies from Blick and take pictures for computer class. I walked down Broad St from Chestnut to South, then walked down South St because I knew there would be interesting things to find and photograph there. The walk reminded me of high school because I went to school a few blocks from there and used to do that walk almost every day. A lot of the things I saw we're not new but familiar, and brought back memories. It was around 3-4 in the afternoon so it was still pretty bright which was good for the picture-taking. I found myself more interested in taking pictures of smaller details: Things written on walls, stickers posted, signs with writing on them, graffiti, etc. All things left behind by someone else, to show that they were there, and all things that are hand-created. I also collected things that had to do with that, such as cigarette butts, stickers etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment